Friday 5 January 2018

January 5, 2018 Chautauqua


Beth's Ponderings

   As December was winging by, and 2017 rapidly drawing to a close, I felt very discouraged one day as I looked around me at everything that still needed done, and as I thought of all the things that I had wanted to accomplish that would have to wait, or not get done at all.

   So, in an attempt to cheer myself up, I decided to make a list of all my accomplishments and the highlights of 2017.

   Despite being in bed for almost three-quarters of the year (or maybe BECAUSE I was in bed for almost three-quarters of the year) I...
  • knitted a bikini, three cupcakes, two cakes, a dress and a sweater
  • crocheted a sweater, two bathing suits and a pair of slippers
  • completed 13 acrylic paintings (sized 5x7, 8x10, 9x12)
  • made and painted nine newspaper bowls, six newspaper plates and one newspaper vase, plus I made 8 newspaper baskets
  • decoupaged a small coyote, bunny, and reindeer
  • completed a 4,000 piece puzzle and two 1,000 piece puzzles
  • held an art sale September long weekend
  • saw (live) George Canyon, Colette Baron-Reid, Frank Mills, Gordon Lightfoot, a Frankie Valli tribute, and the Stettler Variety Showcase performances
  • attended three plays in Bashaw
  • read 18 Zane Grey books
  • did 5 online retreats
  • participated in a total makeover & photo shoot
  • got my picture taken with Santa
  • managed to keep the newspaper going and delivered

   When I looked at the list, I was amazed at how much I had fit into one short year!

   Life seems to go by so fast that we don’t get a chance to always acknowledge our milestones and accomplishments.  As we transition into this new year, why not make a list of the highlights of the past year.  You may be amazed too, and find you did more than you thought.

Beth


Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua