Friday 6 December 2019

December 6, 2019 Chautauqua


Beth's Ponderings

   Not too long ago, I was “informed” of some “self-evident world truths,” which I happened to personally find neither self-evident, nor truths.

   Besides the underlying mass hysteria nature of these “so-called truths,” the person sharing them with me could not offer any practical suggestions, nor personal examples from their own life, on how to change these “truths” into a better reality.

   For me, personally, unless you are going to offer me a glimmer of hope (there is always hope), show me something good happening in the world (there is a lot of good happening), give me a practical solution (let the government deal with it, is not what I would call practical), or at the very least a small action step I can take to make my corner of the world brighter, telling me the “sky is falling and the world is ending” makes you nothing more than a Chicken Little and NOT a teller of the truth.


   Thankfully, though the Chicken Littles of this world seem to squawk the loudest and longest, they are relatively few in number, and, in the end, their hysteria is always exposed for what it really is.

Beth 


Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua