Friday 4 March 2022

March 4, 2022 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   As my (free) email account is reaching its capacity limit (again!), I spent the past three days - in between working on this issue - deleting old emails. Some I remember keeping “just in case,” and some I don’t remember keeping at all (and would swear I deleted at the time they arrived). There are also emails that I saved to read “later” that haven’t been read in over 6 years! Note to self: just because you can keep something doesn’t mean you need to!

   I focussed most of my digital declutting efforts on emails from 2016 and 2017, which was a time in my life when I experienced a massive health setback, so that may also be why I have a large email backlog.

   It was interesting to see what interested me (lots of health related topics as I tried to figure out what was causing my health issues) which no longer do, and what was just becoming an interest (lots of subscriptions to artists’ email lists) as I started to transition to a new phase of life.

   The most interesting find during the email purge was a handful of emails, from an artist I admire, who had pictures of her artworks at the bottom of each email. Of the ones featured in the saved emails, I have copies of her paintings in her art & poetry chapbook that I did the interior layout for, and two of her original paintings now hang on my wall!

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lBNq9BxW-lBOsZVk_QWdA70fnUeWXESE/view?usp=sharing

   Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 20 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available: 

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua