Friday 3 June 2022

June 3, 2022 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   Not too long ago, I was in conversation with a friend and we were talking about comfort zones, and how I’ve been leaping out of mine in the past few months.

   In the course of the conversation, I said that on a daily basis, I do the EXACT same thing every single day, and someone looking closely at my life would think I’m rather boring.

   Yet, it is because of my rigid (?) set of daily habits, that I am actually able to be so creative, and prolific in my creativity.  By doing the same thing every day, I don’t have to make a lot of decisions about the mundane aspects in my life so I have that energy, and brain space, for other decisions and imaginative work.

   And I have a number of projects currently on the go.  I’m putting gravel down on my labyrinth path - which means this should hopefully (fingers crossed) be the last time I have to move the rocks along the path! Of course, I’ll also be planting it (if not completed by the time this comes out).  I’m preparing for an art show at the Donalda Gallery for the Arts in July.  I’m finalizing two new card decks - and one is another TEA deck. :)  And, by the time you read this, I will potentially know the dates when I will be recording the first 4 (of 10) songs for the music album I’m creating this year.  Oh my!

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ngfdhK2gmqnsEutuaJa_VYKsp-Ow1Fx9/view?usp=sharing

   Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 20 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available: 

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua