Friday 18 November 2022

November 18, 2022 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   I was asked an interesting question the other week.  I was asked what my dreams for my life were back in 2020, pre-COVID.

   Well, truthfully, I was still very much in survival mode 24/7 and trying to get healthy, so while I did have dreams, I had zero energy to think about them, or even try to make them come true, as everything in my being was focussed on just getting through each day.

   Fast forward to now, and I joked with my two Aussie buddies that I took a decade’s worth (or more) of accomplishments and squeezed them all into this single year.

   While I’m still in the midst of online course work, and getting ready for the Christmas issue of The Chautauqua, what I really want to do is just curl up and do nothing.  (The snow and bitter cold temperatures the beginning of November sure added to that desire).

   More often than not, the best way to accomplish what you need to do is to rest more, not less, so I’m off to savour a mug of hot chocolate.

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t-8Gdd6V1MpVI7YObD3OyKqGUWl5xQjY/view?usp=share_link

 Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 20 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available:   

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!


And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua