Friday 6 January 2023

January 6, 2023 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

I want to take a moment to look back at 2022.  For me, 2020 and 2021 were pretty incredible years (despite the pandemic), yet 2022 far surpassed them.

   Though, 2022 did not start on a good note at all.  First I was sick the beginning of the year, and then I had a window smashed in each vehicle the first week of January.  After that rocky patch, things improved, and I was guided by my theme for the year which was to ‘Just Show Up.”

   In 2022, there were some activities and events I expected, such as:

    • the 20th Anniversary of the Chautauqua

    • my first ever solo art exhibition at the Corridor Gallery in Red Deer Jan. 10 - Feb. 28.  What I didn’t expect was that it was extended to April 21.

    • started putting gravel around my labyrinth path

    • publishing two more inspirational card decks - May I & Bitter TEA

    • completing my 1,000th sky drawing on Oct. 5

    • biking 577 total kms from Mar. till the snow arrived Nov. 1

 However, it was the many opportunities that came my way, that I didn’t expect, that made the year so amazing.  Such as:

    • 2nd solo art show at the Donalda Art Gallery July 19 - Aug 2

    • Voice of the Muse 4-month album program that led to my first ever album released Oct. 23, plus a book launch

    • publishing a monthly Artist Newsletter (huge thank you to my subscribers)

    • completed Reiki Level 1, Level 2 and Masters

    • started an 8-month online Yoga Teacher Training in October

    • took the Pattern Design Academy Sept 30 - Nov 21 and created loads of patterns as I learnt the process

   And that is just the highlights of my year.  While I don’t know everything 2023 holds in store, I’m sure it will be a great year.  Happy 2023!

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d32pSkievOlvWP7qR48Qn-1PJYHjQRem/view?usp=share_link

 Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 21 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available:   

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!


And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua