Friday 2 February 2024

February 2, 2024 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   I have been openly rebelling against doing any 2024 planning so far this year.

   Not because I’m against planning, and not because I don’t have ideas and possible goals to accomplish this year, but for other reasons.

   First, I personally find it very difficult to get excited about planning anything when my health is a rollercoaster, as it’s been for the past couple of months.  Also, I still have so much from 2022 and 2023 to wrap up and integrate before I can move forward.  Plus, I’ve also been spending time decluttering my house (ongoing!) and my computer (even more ongoing) of items and files I no longer need.

   In Inner Circle, the creative year-long mentorship I belong to, we were invited to answer for ourselves, “who is 2024 Beth?”  Quite truthfully, I have NO idea!  I thought I knew what direction my life was going, and what I wanted, and now I’m not sure, except this paper is still a priority.

   2022 was a pretty momentous year for me as I “showed up” and was able to fulfill a number of dreams I’d had for years - and some dreams that I didn’t even know I had till I accomplished them and realized they had been percolating in the back of my mind and heart for ages.

   2023 was a bit of a recovery year from the intensity of 2022, but at the end of the year, I felt even more worn out than at the start of the year!

   So, I’m not in a hurry to start filling up 2024 yet.  In fact, my theme for the year is “meandering,” and the thought of slowing down and leisurely following what catches my attention and lights me up sounds like a delightful way to experience the year, rather than rushing from one thing to the next, ticking items off a never-ending to-do list.

   Today is the Celtic festival of Imbolc - the midway point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox - or Groundhog Day here.  A time when the Goddess Brigid brings more light to the world, and we decide what seeds (literal and metaphorical) we want to plant when spring arrives.  We can’t rush spring, so slow down and look at your “seeds.”

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nxEGtMZ3OgnMwcymk4HQpYbsbBl6zf-u/view?usp=sharing


 Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 22 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available:   

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua