Friday 18 October 2024

October 18, 2024 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

  I was notified on Wednesday, Oct 9th that the cost to print this paper was going up $200/month, effective immediately! This means I have very hard decisions to make.

  And, I was told I do NOT qualify for the grant, or other grants because I’m not a new business, I am not a non-profit, and I’m not a traditional newspaper.

   When I did my donation plea this summer, I was asked why I didn’t start a Go Fund Me campaign.  I prefer to keep my fundraising LOCAL, and I didn’t feel I could justify supporting a U.S. business when I was trying to save my own business.  I don’t know if you are aware, but Go Fund Me takes a percentage of all funds raised.

   On the other hand, for example, if you give me $10 (directly into my hand, cash, cheque, etransfer, PayPal) the entire $10 goes into the Chautauqua bank account and is used for the ongoing operations of the paper.

   With this printing cost increase (and other expenses), advertising and donations are VITAL to keep going.  Thank you for your support!

Beth


Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U8dbkL4doSQHJftwYYg_mzqHOEJNOTic/view?usp=sharing


 Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 22+ years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available:   

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer/PayPal to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua