Friday 20 September 2019

September 20, 2019 Chautauqua


Beth's Ponderings

   After a very long 6 years and 4 months of trial and error, eliminating foods and adding them back in, extremely stressful moments and massive setbacks, plus trying different treatments and dramatic lifestyle changes, we finally know now what is causing/triggering my liver stress and subsequent health issues...it’s our tap water!

   It seems that it may be a chemical they are using to treat the water to make it “safe” for us to use that is causing massive havoc with my body, sending it into toxic overload and stressing the liver as it tries to deal with it. 

   No wonder I’ve often felt like every step I took forward to heal resulted in a few steps backwards, as everything I was doing for the good was being completely undone by my daily water usage.

   On the one hand, it is a HUGE relief to finally know what is causing my health setbacks, and to finally be able to connect the many dots (symptoms) to create a more comprehensive picture of what I’ve been living with for the majority of my life.  And to have validation that what I thought might be the real underlying issue, really was.

   But...on the other hand, knowing doesn’t automatically solve anything, or make me instantly well, since we still have to come up with a plan of action to deal with this.  As well, I have to change a LOT of long-standing habits and routine activities as water usage is pretty pervasive part of our days.

   No matter what we are facing, we usually do know what the real issue is, and it is usually something very basic and simple.  That doesn’t mean it’s easy, just that it is simple, and rarely as complex as we make it.

   So much of our daily lives are lived on autopilot, as we do the same tasks day in and day out, that it takes really noticing what we are doing throughout our days to find out where we need to make tweaks and changes to feel better, do better, and live better.


   Now that I have discover “why” I’m so sick, I now have to figure out “how” to apply that knowledge in order to turn it around and see my health improve.  The journey isn’t over, it’s just taken a new turn.

Beth 


Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua