Friday 19 June 2020

June 19, 2020 Chautauqua


Beth's Ponderings

   When I was 14 years old and first got seriously sick, one of the symptoms was that all my eyelashes fell out, and I have not really had eyelashes since - except for a handful on my right eyelid every once in a while.  I would notice tiny lashes emerging and then a day or two later they would all fall out again. 

   The only real exceptions were September,, I had eyelashes on both lids for 2 weeks and we're not sure how or what caused it, and then in June, 2017 (after being in bed for 2 months crying non-stop) I had lashes on both lids long enough to get fake ones on my own for the makeover I won - the lashes lasted 5 weeks before they all fell out and I was back to having none

   When we discovered it was the tap water making me sick, I said I would know I was "cured" and totally "healthy" when I had real THICK eyelashes again, and so far nothing.

   Last week, I noticed that I am starting to get a few longer lashes on both lids, especially my left!!!!!!!!  Hopefully this is the beginning of the sign I've been waiting for!!!


   We all look for, and want, dramatic signs of change, but it is usually the tiniest little changes that signal the turning of the tide and better days ahead.

Beth


Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua