Friday 5 June 2020

June 5, 2020 Chautauqua


Beth's Ponderings

   This year I decided to try something really different. 

   Instead of planting the garden in “traditional” rows, I decided to create a labyrinth (similar to a maze but there is only one path in, and one path out) and plant the garden veggies between the paths.

   When I came up with the concept, I figured that I “should” have more space “in theory” to put the plants, but until I actually started creating the layout, I didn’t know for sure. 

  I was right!  In fact, I have so much more space, I am planting veggies I’ve never tried planting before, and crossing my fingers we have a good season and they grow!

  All in all, it has certainly been quite the experiment and a learning process!  Hopefully by the time you read this, it will all be planted - I won’t commit to having it all weeded, and besides, one is never done weeding till the snow falls. 


   I am still trying to figure out what to do for the path - would like to make it more permanent, but am still exploring possibilities.

Beth 


Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua