Friday 7 August 2020

August 7, 2020 Chautauqua


Beth's Ponderings

   2020 has been an interesting year, to say the least.  We are making changes and adjustments to the way we live our lives on so many levels, and in so many areas.  Some changes have been very challenging, and some have been surprisingly easy.  Some of these changes will probably be around longer than we want, while some changes may only be temporary.

   In my life, as I’ve been getting healthier and physically stronger, I decided to see if I could bike again.  I used to bike all over Mirror, and just outside of town, as a teen and young adult.  My current bike was a birthday present 10 years ago and was basically parked for all those 10 years.  After getting the tires repaired, I have been out almost every morning, since mid-May, biking a 1.5 km loop.  I did miss a couple days due to heavy rain, and one day I was too sick to get out of bed.  Now, Mirror is a unique community as it doesn’t matter what direction you go, you are mostly going uphill, with very little downhill!

   Also, I have started putting rocks along my garden labyrinth path - with the wonderful help of a neighbour - and I have managed to move a LOT of 10 - 15 lb rocks!  Physical activity that has been totally inconceivable in my life for literally decades!


   So, yes, there have been many changes.  We need to accept with grace the ones we can’t change, and celebrate all the good ones.

Beth


Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua