Friday 20 November 2020

November 20, 2020 Chautauqua



Beth's Ponderings

   Well, the snowfall sure put a kibosh on my daily biking, but I really can’t complain, as any biking this year was such a huge bonus.

   My totals this year were: 274.5 kms (or roughly the distance between Mirror and Black Diamond, AB) and I biked EVERY SINGLE DAY for 18 consecutive weeks!  (It was rather hit and miss for the weeks before that)

   Another milestone I recently hit, was that on November 5th, I celebrated my 200th consecutive daily creative activity for the year-long mentorship program I belong to.

   While those numbers look impressive NOW, they are the accumulation of one SMALL (almost insignificant) step made every single day.

   I was only biking 1.5 kms each day, so not going very far at all, but each time I went out added to the total.  My daily drawing/creative practice is usually less than 10 minutes, but each day adds to the total.

   We often think we need huge chunks of time to accomplish a task, or a dream, but we just need consistent small steps made over and over.

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vZjEScla5U9rWq5Bvgwn9PK6ngJ6gLbM/view?usp=sharing

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua