Friday 7 May 2021

May 7, 2021 Chautauqua



Beth's Ponderings

   Every once in a while, if we are truly fortunate, we will do something that completely surprises us, and opens our perspective of what we are capable of accomplishing.  For me, the past few months have had a few of those moments.

   From completing the labyrinth last summer - including collecting a couple loads of rocks all by myself, to my weight gain, to the painting I completed when I participated in a virtual Hawaii retreat in mid-March (below, left: I still can’t believe I painted someone looking over their shoulder - and she’s more impressive in colour!), to my most recent accomplishment - I did the edging along the front sidewalk (below, right) - again, ALL BY MYSELF!!!!  Not only was it a very physical job, the grass had extended 3-4 inches over the sidewalk so it was a challenge!

   Because I have been unable to do anything for so many years, it is always amazing to me when I do something big.  In the mentorship group, my nickname is “Queen of Small Steps” and another friend recently called me “The Little Engine That Could.”  Wonder what’s next?

Beth


Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16fuU0TR_rd-qpbt6AcE2_MNwf9GjE3bp/view?usp=sharing

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua