Friday 6 May 2022

May 6, 2022 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   My art exhibition in Red Deer officially wrapped up on April 22nd.  My 7-week show ended up being extended an additional 7.5 weeks!  A big thank you to everyone who went to see it in person.  Your support means a lot to me.  If you missed it, a brief glimpse can be viewed here: https://www.facebook.com/beth.richardson.10/videos/315848327175895

   While we tend to speak of different “hats” we wear when describing our various roles in life, I am starting to see it less of a hat - something external to me - and more as an aspect of my voice - thus more internal -  as it’s merely a different way that I’m expressing who I am in the world around me.

   For instance, I express myself in my…

    • newspaper and writer voices through this paper

    • family voice as I’m a niece, sister, aunt, cousin

    • friend voice

and many others.  While there are similarities between the voices - they’re all me, after all -  there are differences depending on the situation I am in, and who I am dealing with.

   One aspect of my voice that I’ve recently been learning to express is my artist voice, which has been quiet for so long, that it seems to have a LOT to say as I let it express itself, and it’s expressing itself in MANY varied ways and forms.  In order to facilitate this voice’s emergence and growth (or maybe it’s more just to document its evolution?), I will be publishing a monthly artist newsletter, on the 2nd Friday of the month, where I will be sharing more about my artistic journey, what I’m working on and/or exploring, as well as upcoming projects - and you’ll be able to see the images in colour!

   If you would like to receive this newsletter in your email inbox, please send an email to thechautauqua@gmail.com and request to be added to the mailing list.  Thank you.

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ypwvtqyXf0aSuk-ZIXgcDgquvApzMRi1/view?usp=sharing

   Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 20 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available: 

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua