Friday 15 July 2022

July 15, 2022 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   2022 has certainly been quite the year for me so far.

   I was invited to exhibit at the Donalda Gallery for the Arts July19 - August 2, 2022.  The Gallery hours are 10 - 5 pm daily (note: if the door is locked, go to the museum across the street and they will let you in to view the artwork).

   It is hard to believe that this is my second solo exhibition this year (in my life!) as I never imagined that I’d ever have artwork of mine in an actual gallery.

   My exhibition is entitled: Exploring My Artistic Voice: a journey without a map and my selection follows my journey from my very first (acrylic) painting, through various artistic explorations including:

    • baskets out of old newspapers

    • a sample of food (patterns used from “Tasty Crochet” by Rose Langlitz and “Yummi’Gurumi” by Christen Haden & Mariarosa Sala)

    • acrylic paintings based on whimsical drawings

    • a simple daily-panel cartoon strip in ball point pen in handmade folded books

    • card decks I produced digitally - including the font

    • printed canvases showcasing a selection of my many sky drawings - produced on the ipad – as well as printed canvases of recent watercolour play explorations

    • archetype dolls in crochet

    • and more ;)

   Most items will be available for purchase.

   I will be at the gallery both weekends for a meet & greet - not sure of times yet so check https://www.facebook.com/donaldaartgallery to find out more details.

   I hope you are able to view the exhibition, and I look forward to seeing you there.  

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yORFyAXZRiedPN5XhJjFC0Xop3eyWvjE/view?usp=sharing

   Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 20 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available: 

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua