Friday 21 October 2022

October 21, 2022 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   I have a date for my music album release!!!!

   As with each and every step on this 11-month journey, which has taken me way out of my comfort zone I am feeling scared stiff! (Even if I’m not supposed to say that).

   While I am excited and thrilled that the album is almost out in the world (literally out in the world with the online streaming), I’m also completely freaking out as millions of thoughts race through my mind such as...

   What if no one listens to it?

   What if they listen and don’t like it?

   What if no one comes to my release event?

   What if I don’t get the physical CDs in time?

   What if I get the CDs and there is a mistake?

   Or worse, what if the CDs are all blank?

   What if I can’t get the digital streaming process to work?

   What if I promote my release event and then have to cancel it?

   What if this is just a HUGE cosmic joke and I’m not really a singer after all?

   What if people expect me to sing all the time now?

   Or, what if I can’t write or sing another song ever?

   What if...what if...what if...what if...what it...what if…

   Inhale…….exhale………………………………………..

   So, even though I’m completely freaking out, and have no idea how this is all going to work out (or even if it will all work out), I’m showing up and putting myself, and my album, out there.

   Event details are below, and I hope to see you there!

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVwT7leD6j_XAcUma1D5OflaVg3I1o1v/view?usp=sharing


   Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 20 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available: 

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!


And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua