Friday 19 January 2024

January 19, 2024 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   I’m sure I’m not the only person in this world with too many computer files saved.  I’m currently going through my “To Deal with Later” folder on my computer which has (I hate to admit) over 700 PDF files in it!

   Now, some of those files are important documents that do need saved, but most aren’t, so I’m going through them and deleting what I no longer need.

   So far, I’ve deleted files on…

    • veganism as I was told I needed to eat that way to be healthy (we now know that’s not the case so they can all go unless I find a recipe I want to save)

    • business - I don’t follow business “rules” (unless it’s legalities) so “hustle for success” and “do business like a man” type files can go

    • self care - only because I have too many files on that topic, and I have a pretty established self-care routine that works for me now

    • creativity - now that I’m a few years into my process as an artist, I have a better idea of what appeals to me and what doesn’t, and what doesn’t is being deleted (should I change my mind in the future, I’m sure I’ll be able to find the information again, or something better)

    • research on various health topics as I spent decades trying to figure out what was causing my health issues - since we were completely wrong, and all the research doesn’t fit my situation, it can all go

    • various eclectic topics that interested me at one point, but no longer

   I did come across an interesting article that I’d forgotten I’d saved on problem solving.  The theme of the article was on changing your perspective of the situation or problem by literally standing up and turning around 180 degrees.  By physically moving your body, and changing what you are looking at, it allows your mind to open up to new possibilities and solutions that you never thought of before. 

   Hmmmm, I think this file will be a keeper as it’s a good reminder.

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yjht2mzELdKQoZFygNtGgz9USShDQSUs/view?usp=sharing


 Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 22 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available:   

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua