Friday, 21 August 2026

August 21, 2026 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   I want to have a screaming toddler temper tantrum on the floor and someone else can be the responsible adult in my life!

   I am faced with people making decisions that have an immediate (negative) effect on MY life.

   Due to recent changes with flyer distribution in Canada, and the dramatic impact on the newspaper world, Black Press moved all printing to Vernon, BC. Printing my paper in Vernon won’t work for many reasons, and I can remain with Lethbridge Press, but I now have to pay significantly MORE for shipping from Lethbridge. And I now need new brakes on my car so I can continue to deliver the paper, and, and….

   Other expenses are also still on the rise, and Canada Post isn’t getting mailed ad payments to me in a timely manner so I can pay my bills!

   I’m in urgent need of a minimum of $2,500 before the end of August. Donations are very welcome. Or, if you wish to sponsor an upcoming issue (option A: $500 or B: $250) please reach out to me to arrange.

   Plus, I have many original artworks for sale ($50 - $100 each) at 4910 47 St. Mirror.

 

No charge to submit photos and/or news items: a donation is strongly encouraged. I invite you to please donate a minimum of $24 in honour of the 24 years I’ve been in publication. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lDf2NW1D5l-cvPOfC7vDCVM81gK-qGTU/view?usp=drive_link


 Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 24 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer/PayPal to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or phone: 403-352-3837