Friday 1 September 2023

September 1, 2023 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   Back to school time is upon us.  A new school year, new opportunities, and new experiences.

   While I personally am not headed back to school, nor do I have children that are going back to school, it is still an exciting time of year.

   Even if you aren’t engaged in formal scholastic studies, one should always be learning and growing their knowledge and skills.

   At any given moment, I can have a l-o-n-g list of topics I want to learn more about, classes I want to take, degrees that I think it would be neat to have, and more.

   Unfortunately, there just aren’t enough hours in the day, or days in the week for all I want to learn.  Fortunately, online learning is so much easier to access than it was back in the day when I took my B.A.(History) from Athabasca University.

   Currently, my list includes (for free offerings): an online frame drumming class, an art journaling class, a couple of history courses, Qigong classes, learning Gaelic and Welsh, different energy healing modalities, and too many more to list.  I also have a long list of paid courses I’d love to take, but they will have to wait for another time.

   Will I actually complete any of these courses I dream about?  Only time will tell.  And who knows what else will catch my eye that I end up taking instead.  

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yB5WIn0slALhEBYHmhPxgn1b6sseClRL/view?usp=sharing


 Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 21 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available:   

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua