Friday 19 April 2024

April 19, 2024 Chautauqua

Beth's Ponderings

   It must be spring fever because I am sitting here and have no idea what to write about!

   At the time of this writing, I “should” be outside working in the yard or garden.  On the one hand, it’s still a little early, yet on the other hand, the weather is so nice. 

   I did go out one day and started putting the second layer of gravel on my labyrinth path - the task I didn’t get done last year.

   I “should” also be spring cleaning the house, but housework never goes away so I always figure if it has to wait a day or two (or weeks) it won’t hurt anything.

   I “should” pull out my bike and get some more exercise after the limited activity of winter - we didn’t even really have a lot of snow to shovel.  After two great summers of biking, my bike didn’t even see the light of day last year, so fingers crossed I feel well enough to try again this year.

   I “should” be sorting my seeds for the garden and making of list of what I need to buy and what seedlings I should get.  Though, I prefer to do that just before I need to put them in the ground as there is no point having everything in place too early.

   I “should” be doing my income tax.  Thankfully, when I do get to it, it will be fairly quick and straightforward.

   I “could” be having an afternoon nap - and I’d probably feel better if I did, but I haven't been able to nap during the day since I was a preschooler.

   I “could” be working on any of my umpteen unfinished projects around the house.

   There is LOTS I “should” or “could” be doing - besides getting this Ponderings written for you to read - but truthfully, the only thing I feel like doing is curling up in the chair by the sunny window and listening to the birds sing, so that’s just what I’ll do.

Beth

Read the complete issue of The Chautauqua here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o5N_CidIfyepWbSrqu-1keGQS04qxj9E/view?usp=sharing


 Whether you've enjoyed reading The Chautauqua from the first issue 22 years ago, are a brand new reader, or somewhere in between, I sincerely hope that The Chautauqua has enriched your life, as much as it has enriched mine publishing it.  If you would like to help ensure it continues to enrich others like yourself, I ask you to please consider making a donation to The Chautauqua. There are three methods available:   

Mail a cheque or money order (made out to Beth Richardson – Chautauqua) to Box 261 Mirror, AB T0B 3C0 

E-transfer to thechautauqua@gmail.com 

PayPal at https://paypal.me/thechautauqua (note: you will need to sign into PayPal first, and then specify the amount) 

   Your support and kindness is always greatly appreciated, and I look forward to continuing to bring joy and inspiration to you with each issue. Thank you so much and have a marvellous day!

And, if you are looking for a unique gift idea, please visit: https://thechautauquanewspaper.blogspot.com/p/products-for-sale.html

Contact The Chautauqua via email: thechautauqua@gmail.com or via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChautauqua